Search For Jobs offers in Tanzania
job Ref: 4276
Job Title: Non Immigrant Officer (NIO) / Temporary Resident Officer (TRO)
This staffing process for Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada will serve to fill a Non-Immigrant Officer (NIO) / Temporary Resident Officer (TRO ) position at LE-07. Non-Immigrant Officer (NIO) / Temporary Resident Officer (TRO) is a developmental position. After a minimum of 6 months of fully satisfactory performance (12 months for external candidates) at the LE-06 level, the incumbent will be required to undergo training and an examination. She/he will be promoted to LE-07 level as a Non-Immigrant Officer only upon successful completion of the mandatory training and examination as well as positive recommendation from the Migration Program Manager. Meeting designation requirements is a condition of employment. Failure to meet will result in the employee being removed from the position.
LE-06 Salary: 35,068,573 TZS plus social benefits and yearly increments
LE-07 Salary: 46,984,532 TZS plus social benefits and yearly increments
Vacancy type: Indeterminate
Term Details: indeterminate, full time (37.5 hours per week)
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Closing date for applications: 28-12-2020 at 23:59 UTC/GMT
Summary of position:
Under direction, reviews, processes, and assesses applications to determine whether clients meet eligibility and admissibility requirements for a temporary or permanent entry to Canada in accordance with applicable legislation, regulations, policies, guidelines, and procedures; promotes departmental objectives and provides program information in interactions with clients, their representatives, partners and stakeholders; prevents the travel to Canada of individuals in possession of fraudulent or fraudulently obtained documentation; participates in research for and the preparation of reports and studies on immigration-related issues; represents the Program Manager and other immigration officers in contacts with nationals and officials of the host country to promote Departmental objectives; provides management assistance, supervises staff and performs other duties.
Candidates will initially be screened against the Essential Qualifications relating to education, experience and language. Candidates must clearly demonstrate in their cover letter and CV how they meet each of these essential qualifications.
The Rated Requirements relating to knowledge, abilities and competencies will also be assessed. Methods of assessment may include, but are not limited to, a written examination, an oral interview, role-play, practical tests, presentations and/or psychometric assessment.
Preference may be given to candidates who meet the Asset Qualifications. Where applicable, candidates must clearly demonstrate how they meet any asset qualifications in their cover letter and CV.
Condition(s) of Employment:
Area of selection:
Open to internal and external applicants who are eligible to work in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania (including current and previous emergency employees and Spouses and dependents of CBS staff who are currently residing in and accredited to the Canadian High Commission in Tanzania) who meet all of the essential requirements stated below, and whose applications are received by the closing date. Applicants should be resident in Tanzania at the time of hiring or be willing to relocate at own expense. Please note that the High Commission does not sponsor work authorizations directly or indirectly. The Government of Canada is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from diverse sections of the community. Candidates will be considered based on merit. Our organization offers an inclusive workplace where respect, teamwork, and collaboration are part of our culture. Canada’s missions abroad are committed to promoting and supporting an environment free from harassment and discrimination, as well as encouraging and supporting employees to learn and develop their skills and competencies.
How to apply
Please note: WE ONLY ACCEPT APPLICATIONS RECEIVED VIA OUR ONLINE FORM
ELIGIBILITY INSTRUCTIONS (to be included in cover letter)
• You will be assessed on your spelling, grammar and effective communication on the application and further along in the process if you are screened in. Applications not including a response to this question will be screened out.
• QUESTION #1. Please answer in French, in maximum 750 words with header: “Answer to Assessment question” in 11 point Arial, bolded font:
Veuillez expliquer la différence entre l’omission de fait et la fourniture délibérée de fausses informations lors de la présentation d’une demande de visa. Veuillez expliquer pourquoi cette distinction est importante lors de l’analyse d’une demande de visa et quels sont les intérêts concurrents à prendre en considération lors de l’analyse.
• Please do not use a tablet or cell phone to submit your application, as mobile browsers are not supported by our on-line portal. Candidates should only apply using a laptop or desktop computer.
• Only applications submitted in one of the official languages of Canada will be accepted (English or French). Candidates are entitled to participate in the recruitment process in the official language of their choice and to indicate their preferred official language in their application.
• Proof of right to work and copies of educational and any specified professional qualifications will be required.
• Communication for this vacancy will be sent via email. It is the responsibility of the candidates to ensure accurate contact information is provided and updated as required.
• Candidates who apply to this vacancy should include an email address that accepts email from unknown users and regularly check their email, including spam folder.
• Reference checks will be sought for candidates that reach interview stage and may form part of the selection process.
• The High commission of Canada in Tanzania does not reimburse any travel costs to and from interviews/exams nor does it reimburse any relocation costs.
• Candidates requiring any special assistance in attending exams or interviews are requested to inform us.
• The results of this recruitment process may also be used to establish an eligibility list of qualified candidates for similar term, indeterminate, part-time or full-time openings at the High Commission of Canada in Tanzania which might arise in the 12 months following the completion of this recruitment process.
• If you have any questions at any stage of the recruitment process, please send an email to: [email protected]
The deadline for submitting the application is 28 December 2020