Search For Jobs offers in Tanzania
Legal Officer; Litigation
To assist the Legal Manager in handling litigation matters.
• Assist Legal Manager with managing the bank’s criminal cases countrywide.
• Assist to attend to legal criminal disputes that may arise from branches.
• Provide prompt advice thereon and respond, under guidance of the Legal Manager, to demand notices for the bank.
• Assist the Legal Manager in liaising with the DPP/Police/PCCB offices and attending criminal cases country wide as well as monitoring their efficiency and progress.
• Watching brief on behalf of the bank & provide accurate feedback timely.
• Handle other tasks mainly assigned by the Legal Manager (Criminal Litigation) or Head of Legal & Company Secretary
• Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
• Quick learner who can work under minimum supervision.
• Must have sufficient knowledge of all legal regulations in Tanzania.
• Must display flexibility in day to day work.
• Adequate knowledge in standard computer applications
Qualifications and Experience
• Holder of a LL.B (Bachelor of Laws)
• Work experience in a legal environment on criminal matters of not less than 3 years.
• Location: Head Office
ABOUT NMB BANK
Through innovative distribution and its extensive branch network, NMB offers affordable and customer focused financial services to the Tanzanian community, in order to realize sustainable benefits for all its stakeholders.
To be the preferred financial services partner in Tanzania.
Our Core Values
We have over 3000 employees coming together from all walks of life, offering various expertise to bring forth the best customer experience through our product offerings and services. Like any group of people brought together to achieve a common goal in unity, NMB employees share a set of core values namely Eagerness, Customer Focus, Ownership, Teamwork, Integrity and Compliance that guide, bind and drive us. These values, we firmly believe are fundamental in not defining who we are but what we do and in what manner should we serve.
What do we mean when we say that we embody these values bind, guide and drive us?
Integrity is our highest value. Customers and management should always be able to check and ask for proof and should never be disappointed and never rely only on ‘trust’. We keep customer Information confidential and report irregularities to management through whistle-blowing.