Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Long Hole Driller to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note the purpose of this role is ensure underground mine activities in the Mining Department are undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
- Reporting to: Mining Shift Supervisor
- Work Schedule: Forty Two (42) Days On / Twenty One (21) Days Off
- Duration: Permanent
- Collect drilling consumables & mining instructions
- Perform pre-use inspection
- Perform Field Level Risk Assessments and Entry Examinations at the work areas and ensure the health and safety of team members, visitors and contractors at the working area.
- To perform Scaling
- Conducting Equipment Setup for Drilling
- Perform drilling both down hole, up hole, drop rise and inverse rise
- Record & report drilling performance
- Uncouple equipment & remove from workplace
- Perform charging activities
- To take full care of Cleaning Equipment
- Working at height
- Install Services, Air & Water, Ventilation
- Support Installation
- Conduct charging of Blast Holes
- Identify improved drilling methods
- Observe drilling time per meter
- Coach and mentor trainees on Long hole working areas
- Assist with the training and skills development of trainees.
- To provide technical, practical and field support in various working areas of the mine focusing in increasing work effectiveness and productivity while lowering cost through improved good operational practices
- Ordinary secondary education
- Blasting Certificate
- Valid Driving License
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Long hole Driller
- Experience in operating machine in large underground mining operation
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent communication in English ,both writing and verbal
- Hazard identification and Risk assessment
- Understand drilling technics for both down hole and up hole
|WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
|HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
- Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
- Indicating the role title “ LONG HOLE DRILLER” in the subject of your email
- Send your application via e-mail to: [email protected]
|If you are not contacted by Barrick- Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 30th November 2020
|BEWARE OF CONMEN! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com