Manager; Agency Banking
Reporting to Head of Banking Operations, the Manager Agency Banking will provide leadership in areas of sales, acquisition, retention and distribution for agency banking business that enable the bank to achieve its ambition and strategic vision. Responsible for design, monitor and drive the performance of agency banking business in the bank and our stakeholders for productivity management and increase agent network, transacting customers within the channel to meet overall revenue objective.
- Ensure and drive agency banking business growth. Keep track of the overall agency banking performance to ensure that the annual targets are achieved
- Revenue planning and target setting for Agency Banking, aligning with strategic roadmap and revenue expectations.
- Provide sales and service leadership to drive the performance of the branches (process and structure) in joint responsibility with branches for staffing and productivity management.
- Provide guidance and ensure that the business interests are presented to the regulator using the correct stakeholders; ensuring that the Bank of the Republic of Burundi (BRB) guidelines on Agency Banking are adhered to.
- Understands basic revenue models and P/L; meets financial objectives by forecasting; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances, performance reviews, and initiating corrective actions.
- Design and implement service experience and carry out branding of agents and also provide training of agents, field officers, and Relationship Managers for exceptional delivery of our service to customers.
- Manage Sales and Distribution of Agency banking including recruitment and development of Franchise Model that is responsible for liquidity and the enhanced customer experience in the Country.
- Provide world-class customer experience to ensure our customers and partners rate us as most preferred and drive loyalty index to the peak.
- Analysis of customer’s (Both Agents and Users) behaviour patterns through various parameters to generate insights to increasing revenue, transacting customers, liquidity growth and churn management including but not limited to technology development.
- Develop strategies to increase agents through strategic recruitment, drive usage of the channel through growth in transactions and services performed at agents.
- Ensure all targets are met for agency banking through drive adoption to new and existing products usage by highly motivated agent network.
- Develop and maintain the sales activities and budget for agency banking-related strategic projects and motivate the management team to approve the activity plans.
- Monitor the agents’ performance and provide support to branches as far as Agency Banking Business is concerned.
- Ensuring satisfactory Audit and risk rating satisfactory findings for the Agency Banking Business.
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills Requirements
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent Advanced Diploma preferably in Business Administration, Banking, Accounting, Finance or any Business-related field.
- A minimum of 5 years experience with proven deep knowledge in Agency Banking and/or MFS/MNO similar business, financial inclusion, and/or financial services and digital products.
- The highest level of uncompromised integrity.
- Versatile and adaptable, able to react quickly.
- Able to work in a demanding matrixed environment, a proven track record of working effectively under pressure.
- Proven ability to build effective, trusted, and credible relationships with multiple stakeholders through exceptional interpersonal skills, communications, actions, and presence.
- Articulate, with strong interpersonal skills, analytical and professional with an enthusiastic attitude and focus on results.
- A high aptitude and comfort level with technical environments and the ability to work in a highly demanding environment and able to meet tight deadlines.
- A proven self-starter with the ability to work under pressure environment and problem-solving skills with very limited supervision.
- A result-driven team player with a willingness and ability to work in a dynamic environment.
- Eligible for Burundi citizens only.
The deadline for submitting the application is 19 August 2021.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY