Manager: Product Development
Posting Country: Tanzania, United Republic of
Date Posted: 20-Jan-2020
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Joining Vodafone is more than a job, what we do matters. We don’t just carry minutes, texts and data – we carry people’s lives. And that’s a huge responsibility. If you think for a minute about the people you rely on…the likelihood is they rely on us.
Customers are at the heart of everything we do and we want to make a difference to the lives of our customers, and the communities in which we live and work. We support our people to give something back to the causes that mean the most to them through helping them give time and money to the charities they love.
And what’s it like to work here? We have created an environment where you can look forward to coming to work and are empowered to be at your best. We offer flexibility in how you work that helps you do your job in a way that suits you, opportunities to help you grow and progress throughout your career and a choice of benefits to suit your lifestyle.
• Custodian of products/services’ business rules through the product life cycle.
• Managing the relationship between IT & Billing and the rest of the business on changes to business rules and processes – new and enhancements.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
• Requirement acquisition and Specifications
Ensuring that key business rules and processes are accurately captured in URS.
• Research and evaluation for solutions
Play the role of SPOC between Vodacom Tanzania and solution providers when it comes to technical discussions.
• SLA Governance & Change Management Coordination
Establish and manage a forum which will be reviewing performance of ITB suppliers based on the agreed framework.
This goes hand in hand with ensuring that recommendations and agreements are executed as directed by the forum
• Budget Administration
Facilitate compilation of ITB Group budgets and manage the submission to group once completed.
Managing and supporting SCM process for budget allocation, transfers and issuing PO
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
• Excellent analytical and logical reasoning skills
• Strong stakeholder management skills
• Able to adapt to Agile
• Able to challenge the status quo
Must have technical/professional qualifications:
• Degree in Computing or Telecommunication field.
• At least 3-5 years’ experience in Computing/ or Telecommunication field
• ITIL Certification would be advantageous.
• Systems Analysis, Design, development and implementation & Business Communication
• Project Management knowledge would be advantageous
MicroServices and APIs
Digital Experience Platforms
Commitment from Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.
Apply now »