Manager, Tax and Regulatory Reporting
Finance: budgeting and forecasting, creating interim and annual financial statements, facilitating internal mergers and acquisitions, as well as dealing with analysts and investors.
This position is responsible for ensuring compliance with the Bank of Tanzania’s financial reporting requirements
Preparation and review of the bank’s regulatory reports
Management of the bank’s taxation affairs
- Ensuring compliance with Bank of Tanzania and South African Reserve Bank (SARB) regulations
- Manage and review the daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly regulatory reports to the Bank of Tanzania in accordance with the Bank of Tanzania’s regulations.
- Manage and review monthly and quarterly reports for regulatory reporting to the SARB (BA 610).
- Facilitate internal/external regulatory audit and Bank of Tanzania examination process by providing the information and explanations required.Implementation and ensuring compliance with Basel II accord capital and regulatory requirements when adopted by Tanzania.
- Liaison with Bank of Tanzania on all matters relating to regulatory reporting.
- Preparation of statutory Financial statements for publication
- Prepare quarterly competitor analysis and circulate to EXCO
- Preparation of daily positions through MIS report and distribution to Management, also alert management in case of any breach
- Remit statutory payments (PAYE, VAT, WHT, NSSF) and obtain receipts and certificates.
- Manage compliance by SBTL with tax laws and all tax aspects including transfer pricing, withholding taxes, indirect taxes, PAYE and tax planning
- Monitor tax compliance within SBTL.
- Identification and evaluation of taxation risks within SBTL
- Implementation of systems and processes to mitigate identified taxation risks.
- Preparation of monthly and annual taxation computations and returns.
- Review monthly deferred taxation calculations/ reconciliations.
- New and existing product evaluation to determine taxation impact.
- Optimisation of SBTL taxation expense, by identifying areas of tax savings.
- Improve taxation knowledge within SBTL through communication and tax training where appropriate.
- Review tax reconciliation in FIP.
- Liaise with Tax Consultants on tax related matters including tax planning.
- Liaison with Tanzania Revenue Authority on all matters relating to taxation.
- Responsible for tax side of budgets and forecasts.
- Review and sign off all tax related reconciliation accounts prepared monthly e.g. PAYE, WHT etc.
- Liaison with Africa Tax Team.
- Maintenance of adequate capital as required by Bank of Tanzania.
- Capital management planning and forecasting, ensuring both Tanzania and South African requirements are met.
- Optimisation of capital structure, ensuring appropriate mix of Tier I and Tier II capital.
- Maintain a minimum capital base whilst ensuring compliance with minimum capital requirements and providing adequate capital for business growth.
- Monitoring of legal lending limits; ensuring that this is not breached. Report discrepancies to direct manager.
- Monitor capital adequacy levels and report discrepancies to direct manager.
- Responsible for Capital side of budgets and forecasts
- Liaison with External Auditors.
- Liaison with BOT examiners and TRA auditors
- To be responsible for own development and that of subordinates
- To assist with regulatory queries and to provide mentoring and coaching where this is appropriate.
- To develop line staff by assisting in the identification and addressing of training and development needs if applicable.
- To provide relevant training, updates or guidelines to branches in conjunction with relevant line managers at the Bank.
- To complete and be responsible for delivering against own balance scorecard in line with finance division’s balance score card.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- BCom (Accounting/ Finance).
- ACCA or CIMA.
- Postgraduate diploma or certificate in taxation (an advantage)
- Minimum of 4 years banking experience in a financial management position.
- Knowledge of Tanzania Banking regulations.
- Understanding of South African Banking regulations will be an added advantage.
- Good understanding of Tanzania Taxation regulations.
- Understanding of IFRS.
- Working knowledge of accounting software. (Knowledge of SAP, Finacle will be an advantage.)
- An appreciation and a good understanding of macro economics and external factors affecting the business strategies adopted, and market serviced by SBTL.
- Ability to analyse and evaluate data for acceptability and correctness.
- Analytical mind with strong orientation to financial analysis.
- Ability and experience in communicating with all levels of management regarding management information needs
CLICK HERE TO APPLY