Search For Jobs offers in Tanzania
Tanga Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (Tanga UWASA), with the ISO 9001:2015 certification in quality management systems, is one of the best utility in the Tanzanian Water Sector, supplying clean and safe water and sewerage services in Tanga City and its Environs.
Tanga UWASA Vision is To be a World Class Customer Focused Water Supply and Sanitation Utility” while its Mission is “To provide adequate and quality water supply and sanitation services in Tanga City and its environs through motivated and customer focused staff in an environmentally friendly manner”
The Authority is hereby seeking for relevant qualified and highly motivated person to fill the following vacancy available in her manning level for specified terms of employment.
Title of position: Managing Director
Scope of the position and its expected outputs: The holder of this position is the Chief Executive of the Authority, and is responsible for the overall management and effective performance of the Authority. The Managing Director is responsible for the sustainable running of the Authority and attainment of its mission and vision.
• Reports to the Board of Directors;
• Supervises the Technical Manager. Customer Services Manager, Finance Manager, Human Resources Manager as well as all Heads of Units in the Managing Director’s Office.
Key duties and responsibilities:
1. Facilitates the work of the Board and of any Committees that the Board may choose to create;
2. Implements policies and decisions of the Board of Directors;
3. Formulates for presentation to the Board the Authority’s corporate plan, as well as annual budgets and ensures that all operations of the Authority conform as much as possible to the corporate plan and the annual budgets;
4. Prepares for the Board’s, approval — (a) policies, standards and procedures for the efficient and effective management of the Authority’s operations, and oversees the implementation of those policies, standards and procedures and (b) the Annual Audited Accounts of The Authority;
5. Provides the entire body of staff with leadership by giving it a clear and shared vision, motivation and an environment conducive for teamwork;
6. Maintains contacts with the Ministry responsible for Water, Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority and ensures that Government policies, regulations and standards are adhered by the Authority;
7. Maintains contacts with all stakeholder institutions of the water and sewerage sector with a view to promoting the sector in Tanga and the country;
8. Promotes within the body of the staff of the Authority professionalism, discipline, integrity and exemplary performance;
9. Performs such other related duties as may be assigned by the Board of Directors and/or the Government from time to time.
Qualifications and working Experience
The holder of this position must be a Tanzanian having the following qualifications/qualities:
i) Must be a Graduate with Degree in Engineering (preferably in civil engineering, water resources engineering or water and sanitation engineering), Business Administration or Finance.
ii) Must possess relevant postgraduate qualifications from a recognised University
iii) Must have at least five years experience in a senior management position in the water and sewerage sector.
iv) Must be computer literate
Age Limit Not more than 55 years of age at the time of application
In addition to the qualification mentioned, the incumbent is expected to posses the following traits:
i) High integrity and accountability.
ii)Ability to innovate, stir and manage changes
iii)Good capacity to explore/establish business opportunities and networking
iv)Strategic thinking and decision making
v)Good communication, mentorship and interpersonal skills
vi)Capacity to work hard, under pressure and meet deadlines
vii)Ability to build and maintain working teams, and good, lasting relationships with customers, stakeholders and employees.
This post comes with an attractive package according to the Authority’s Scheme of Service and Salary structure. The successful candidate will be accorded a 4-year renewable contract based on the performance.
If you possess and believe you ‘meet the required qualifications and attributes mentioned above, please submit or send a hand-written application letter attached with updated Curriculum Vitae showing your complete contact details, address, enclosing two letters from referees with their full contacts; copies of relevant academic qualification certificates and other relevant testimonials.
i) Tanga UWASA is an equal opportunity employer
ii) Only shortlisted candidates who meet the requirements will be contacted for an interview.
Application letters should reach the undersigned before 31st January, 2018 and addressed to:
The Chairman of The Board of Directors,
Tanga Urban Water Supply & Sanitation Authority.
P.O. Box 5011. TANGA.
Source: The Guardian January 16, 2018