Diageo’s performance ambition is to create the best performing , most trusted and respected Consumer Products company in the world. Our “must dos” set out where we aim to win in order to achieve this aspiration. Within Supply Chain this translates into goals that aim to deliver world class performance at best cost, drive value through exceptional service and enable new growth opportunities.
To enable this, an above-the-market Centre of Excellence (CoE) has been established to perform key functional areas within PLAN, spanning over all Diageo’s markets in Africa, leveraging a central pool of expertise that ensures standard and effective practices across countries.
Purpose of Role
The Materials scheduler in the Plan COE is responsible for scheduling the materials supply in to the local operations. It is locally based reporting to the Scheduling Team lead.
Working closely with the Long term material planners, suppliers, procurement and site operations the role sustains and strengthens effective communication between the CoE and key stakeholders in the markets, including Supply Chain Directors, Production and Materials Scheduling, as well as with Suppliers and 3rd Parties.
This role must be capable of performing root cause and trend analysis for critical case volume and inventory valuation data.
- Material scheduling and call-off to meet production schedule.
- Innovation Materials Scheduling
- Supplier performance measurement
KPIs (at Operation Level)
- Days Forward Cover – RM/Pack
- Materials OTIF
- Local Inventory – RM and pack
- Raw Materials (cereals, sugar, sweeteners, flavours, white spirit, botanicals, etc.)
- Packaging (glass, labels, cartons, corrugate, PET, cans, closures, crowns, etc.)
Manage The Local Materials Scheduling Process
- Ensure continuous replenishment of raw materials for the brewing and packaging process at supply locations in scope.
- Manage the local purchase order/scheduling agreement process to ensure MRP signal is accurate and purchase orders are in place to facilitate material receipt and supplier payment.
- Ensure efficient communication between Material planning team in COE, local Production Scheduling, local operations and Procurement teams.
- Communicate to appropriate stakeholders any risks to short and medium term schedule material for in scope production https://ww
- w.linkedin.com/redir/phishing-page?url=locations%2eSupport process improveme
- nt through interpretation of performance analytics.Ensure an ongoing t
- racking of relevant materials supply chain metrics.Perform root cause and trend analysis on issues re
ting to material supply and supplier performance. Drive Stan
- ardisation And Automation Of Systems And Processes Ensure local Material scheduling systems and processes in place are aligned to global s
- upply planning codification strategy and standards.Ensure effective ways of working with Data, CoE and local
- production/technical teams to ensure BOM accuracy.Ensure that all master data pertaining to MRP (e.g., BOMs, recipes, lead-times, batch sizes etc) is maintained in the app
- ropriate information systems (e.g. SAP, ECC6, APO).Implement/contr
ibute to process improvements ac
- oss the wider CoE.Skills and Capabilitie
- s Required Knowledge of MPS/MRP and DRP methodologyEx
- perience in distribution / warehousing / scheduli
- ngUnderstanding and experience in plant operations.Experience within supply chain optimisation platforms (ERP / master
- data, time-phased replenishment planning systems).Detailed understanding of end to end supply chain operational processes within Diageo e.g. DRP, MPS, inv
- entory, conversion, logistics and customer serv
- ice.Influencing and stakeholder engagement skills. Good commu
- nication skills – verbal,
- written and presentation.Customer centric mind set.High degree of quantitati
- ve and analytical skills, with attention to detail.Proficient in MS applica
tions e.g. Excel, Word, Power
- oint, Access, OutlookQualifications and Experience Degree or equivalent in appropr
- iate supply chain, engineering, or busine
- ss degree.APICS CPIM / CSCP or equivalent desirable5+ years in Material planning and/or procurement experienc
- e in CPG (Materials Management, Materials Planning)Additionally, some wider cross functional experience and beverage materials categories pref
- erable. E.g. procurement, packaging, raw materia
- ls.Significant line management experience required.Experience with advanced planning software wi
th Supply Planning (SAP APO would be an advant
age).Flexible Working options / Travel requirements Role is
art of the Planning Centre of Excellence function. It’s anticipated that some travel (20%) will be required to attend industry events, facilitate workshops
Job Posting Start Date 2020-02-20-08:00