Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Mine Surveyor to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note the purpose of this role is to provide technical support to the survey team ensuring all survey requirements to be done in the mine site and local exploration areas are completed accurately and in accordance with the BGML standards and procedures, and that a safe working environment is maintained at all times
- Reporting to: Chief Underground Surveyor
- Work Schedule: 14 Days On / 7 Days Off
- Duration: Permanent
- Issuing Survey instructions to the relevant Mine Captains and ensuring mining department and contractors adhere to these instructions.
- Ensuring all fired rounds are correctly recorded so as to monitor development trend of each and every active heading.
- Provide survey support to ensure mine production and development is done as per design and in accordance with established standards and procedures while ensuring minimum disruption to production and development cycle.
- Ensure precision Survey equipment’s are kept in good serviceable condition by carrying out regular checks, use permissible adjustments and keep track of equipment performance for scheduling specialized maintenance and authorized dealers’ shops
- Implement BGML employee performance management process to ensure optimum employee performance and identify and report any substandard performances or behaviors.
- Performing minimum Quality control processes as per standard procedures.
- Provide comprehensive end of shift reports.
- Keep track of current Mine Instructions and archiving obsolete ones.
- Provide effective on-the-job training and coaching to ensure employees gain new skills and achieve their maximum potential.
- Ensure there is adherence to all BGML policies and procedures.
- Ensure all surveys are done so as to exceed the minimum accuracy standards specified in the survey code of practice.
- Ensure safe work practices, i.e. attending compulsory safety courses and meetings, use of required PPE, incident/accident reporting and ensuring total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other relevant policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Degree in Mining Survey, Land Surveying or Geometrics Engineering from a recognized Tertiary Education Institution
- At Least Class “D” Valid Driving License
- At least Two years working experience in Underground Mining environment.
- Experience in Software’s – Mincard, Surpac, Deswik, Maptek point studio.
- Experience in using and operating Leica and Trimble survey instruments ie Total stations and RTK GPS
- Experience in using Survey scanners for both Underground and Surface.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge of any relevant surveying, CAD or mine design software is beneficial
- Knowledge of MS Office suite of programs is beneficial Sound practical experience in any conventional surveying method
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication in English ,both writing and verbal
- Hazard identification and Risk assessment
- Mine health and Safety Act awareness
|WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
|HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
- Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
- Indicating the role title “MINE SURVEYOR “ in the subject of your email
- Send your application via e-mail to: [email protected]
|If you are not contacted by Barrick- Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 8th December 2020
|BEWARE OF CONMEN! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com