Internews works to ensure access to trusted, quality information that empowers people to have a voice in their future and to live healthy, secure, and rewarding lives. We envision a world where everyone can communicate freely with anyone, anywhere, and exchange the news and information they need to shape their communities and the world.For close to 35 years and in more than 100 countries, we have worked with our local partners to build hundreds of sustainable organizations, strengthened the capacity of thousands of media professionals, human rights activists, and information entrepreneurs, and reached millions of people with quality, local information, improving lives and building lasting change. Our decentralized and entrepreneurial model gives us the local flexibility to find the best solutions and the nimbleness required to work in a rapidly changing, uncertain and complex world. On issues ranging from health and the environment to conflict and governance, Internews has developed approaches that harness the power of media and information to create positive change.
Internews Tanzania is seeking to recruit a qualified Accountant to provide financial services to its project in Tanzania
JOB TYPE: Full-Time (This is a national position – only Tanzanian citizens will bevconsidered)
LOCATION: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
SUPERVISOR: Senior Finance and Administration Manager
SCOPE OF THE ROLE:
The Accountant is responsible for providing finance & accounting services to all programmes managed by Internews in Tanzania. She/He is also responsible for keeping proper supporting documentation for all transactions and implementing Internews policies and procedures. The position works closely with the Senior Finance and Administration Manager to ensure that programmes are compliant at all levels with Funders’ rules and regulations. The Accountant also works with other Internews staff in the Regional office in Kenya and at HQ in the USA. This is a position which requires sound accounting technical knowledge and skills.
- Prepares Payment Vouchers and General Ledger vouchers for review and approval
- Performs banking transactions as required
- Makes payments to meeting participants as required
- Regularly posts transactions in Internews ERP (Business World)
- Ensures proper supporting documentation is provided and attached for all transactions and that Internews accounting policies and procedures are properly implemented.
- Reconciles the petty cash account for replenishment as required
- Files Vouchers and other Financial documents as required
- Scans Payment Vouchers and other financial documents for electronic filing as required
- Alerts the supervisor about aging advances issues.
- Any other relevant tasks as assigned
Degree in Accounting or equivalent
At least 3 years of operational/financial experience, in a Business or nonprofit environment is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills. Kiswahili communication skills also required.
- Excellent Information Technology skills (including Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Finance systems).
- Willingness and ability to learn and apply new concepts and systems, including new financial and administration software as appropriate.
- Respect for confidentiality; affinity with Internews core values, objectives and beliefs.
- A flexible and enthusiastic approach to work with the ability to be part of a team.
- Excellent organizational skills; demonstrated ability to follow tasks through to completion, over time;
- Self-starter; ability to work independently;Multi-tasker; capable of working on multiple projects at one time, often under pressure
- Ability to keep accurate records and statistics
- Attention to detail and a conscientious attitude
- Awareness of administrative and financial regulations and how to apply them to daily workflows
Position: MONITORING AND EVALUATION OFFICER (M&E)
Internews Tanzania is seeking a highly qualified Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (M&E) to be based in Dar es Salaam. The project will run for 24 months and will be implemented in partnership with other local organizations.
JOB TYPE: Full-Time (This is a national position – only Tanzanian citizens will be considered)
LOCATION: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
SUPERVISOR: Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and implements M&E systems for the project; identifies obstacles to implementation and recommends appropriate solutions.
- Attend the project activities and trainings and work with the project team to monitor them properly; this includes creating evaluation tools, collecting data firsthand from partners/beneficiaries and analyzing the collected data.
- Support the program team in creating a framework and procedures for the monitoring and evaluation of project activities.
- Collaborate with the project team on appropriate data collection methods, tools, and reporting formats and prepare the M&E frameworks.
- Write reports, analyze findings and provide recommendations as required for project planning, performance management, and reporting.
- Undertake field-monitoring missions to assess progress of the project implementation using Internews’ standard monitoring and evaluation tools and methodologies.
- Participate in periodic review and planning meetings, generating minutes and lessons learnt documents and discuss results of data and plan action steps to build on strengths and address the weaknesses.
- Support the project team in conducting field assessments and surveys.
- Develop close working relationships with all project partners, participants and stakeholders.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative field monitoring and verification of project implementation.
- Provide the Project team with the needed paperwork to help a better planning, monitor and control the activities.
- Work closely with the program team to ensure the project success through documenting relevant success stories.
- Any other related duties assigned by the supervisor to ensure program success
- 3-5 years’ experience in monitoring &evaluation, research, learning, programme management and/or related fields
- Research and data analysis skills and experience
- Excellent written and spoken English, report writing and presentation skills
- Proficient in MS Office, strong spreadsheet skills and basic database management skills
- Strong workflow management skills: ability to priorities and handle multiple on-going assignments
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; a proven team player
- Self-starter: proven ability to work independently and problem solve
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in international development, research, and/or media/journalism fields
- University degree in economics, mathematics, statistics, social sciences or any equivalent is desirable
- Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports.
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g., qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies.
- Demonstrated experience with training and capacity-building
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Please submit a CV and a cover letter to [email protected] Closing date 17th July, 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview, applications sent beyond that date will not be considered