Search For Jobs offers in Tanzania
Elizabeth Glaser The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 19 countries and supporting close to 6,000 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to facilitate access to services for those already infected. Today, because of the highly successful work of the Foundation and its partners, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States. With a growing global staff of over 1,000—-nine of 10 who work in the field-the Foundation’s global mission is to implement prevention, care, and treatment; further advance innovative research and to execute strategic and targeted global advocacy activities to bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families worldwide.
Vacancy title: Evaluation and Research Immediate Supervisor
Job Grade: 8
Immediate Supervisor: Country Director
Location: Dar es salaam
The Associate Director, Evaluation and Research (ADER), supervised by the Country Director, will lead lead and manage the EGPAF/Tanzania’s portfolio of research and evaluation activities including the generation of proposals and other requests for funding related to HIV clinical, implementation, or program effectiveness research.
Working in close coordination with the Technical and Strategic Information (SI) teams, the ADER will directly contribute to the generation of a strong evidence base to improve the effective delivery of quality programs to further the mission of EGPAF/Tanzania, improving the lives of people and communities infected and affected by HIV in Tanzania and beyond. the effective delivery of quality programs to further the mission of EGPAF/Tanzania, improving the lives of people and communities infected and affected by HIV in Tanzania and beyond.
The ADER will develop evaluation concepts, proposals and protocols with the aim of identifying improved technical assistance approaches, service delivery models and/or patient outcomes. Working closely with technical program team members, the ADER will support EGPAF staff to conduct internal program optimization evaluations.
The ADER will lead EGPAF contributions to and facilitation of analytic collaboration with the Government of Tanzania (GoT), developing concepts and analysis plans, building capacity through collaboration with GoT counterparts, and leading or facilitating the data analysis and dissemination of findings locally and internationally meetings, abstracts, manuscripts)
The ADER will contribute to building capacity of EGPAF technical and SIE team members in higher level data analytics, and data interpretation. The ADER will provide guidance in evaluation design, specifically with regard to sampling, tool development, data capture systems, and validation/cleaning of evaluation datasets. He/she will also serve as Principal or co-Investigator on selected protocols. The ADER must be able to work effectively within a multidisciplinary team within and outside of EGPAF (particularly with GoT counterparts).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Research and Evaluation
• Oversee and coordinate the implementation of operations research protocols, including: Research conceptualization and study design
• Writing/amending protocols and managing IRB approval processes : Tracking study participation human subjects’ recruitment, follow-up, withdrawals, etc.)
• Managing budgets o Interpreting and disseminate study findings o Abstract and manuscript writing
• Direct and oversee research regulatory compliance (human subjects training, regulatory files, protocol approvals/progress/closure, document data storage, etc.), liaising with the EGPAF global regulatory officer to ensure all human subjects’ research protections are .., in place and all protocols undergo appropriate sponsor U.S.and Tanzania IRB review and approval
• Work closely with appropriate technical staff at GoT and EGPAF to develop analytic concept notes under the “Reaching 90-90-90”. Patient and Program
• Outcomes Protocol (PPOP)
• Lead EGPAF’s program optimization approach (POA) capacity building within and outside of the evaluation/research unit, engaging technical staff at all levels in planning and executing structured data-driven internal program evaluations.
• Monitor and support POA implementation, data analysis and dissemination of findings. Contribute to EGPAF technical team member capacity in using data to describe program outputs and outcomes, and critically interpret program associations.
Essential Skills and Knowledge
• Knowledge of protection of human subjects in research and ethics regulations to ensure compliance with all local and international requirements
• Knowledge and understanding of HIV services, PMTCT, MCH, pediatric and adult HIV care and treatment
• Evidence of independent completion of complex data analyses using a common statistical package (STATA, SAS, SPSS, R) – published manuscripts, master’s dissertation, project reports, etc.
• Proficiency in data capture and data management, using Microsoft Aerobe Eni Info Kobo ODK etr analyses using a common statistical package (STATA, SAS, SPSS, R) – published manuscripts, master’s dissertation, project reports, etc. Proficiency in data capture and data management, using Microsoft Access, Epi-info, Kobo, ODK, etc
• Strong organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize, take initiative and follow-through
• Ability to exercise diplomacy and build partnerships and consensus, within teams, governmental agencies and with other stakeholders,
• Proven ability to work effectively as a member of a dynamic team in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent oral and written communication skills (English and Kiswahili); strong critical thinking, problem solving and attentiveness to detail.
• Conducts work and him/herself with Integrity, commitment and respect for others
Required Qualifications Education and Experience
• MD, PhD or similar advanced degree in Epidemiology or Biostatistics
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in health research in developing countries, including protocol development, design of surveys, data collection, data analysis, and .. scientific writing
• Experience in scientific writing including presentations in local and international conferences
• Strong mentorship skills in research and evaluation including grant and proposal writing, data analysis and scientific writing
• Strong evidence in managing and conducting research and dissemination of research products through publication in local and international peer reviewed journals
• Experience with soliciting research approvals from local and national review bodies.
Vacancy title: Council Project Coordinators (4 Posts)
Job Grade: 6
Immediate Supervisor: Senior Project Manager
Location: Mpwapwa, Moshi MC, Arusha DC and Manyara
The Council Project Coordinator (CPC) is a self-motivated individual who will provide direct oversight and technical assistance to a district CHMT to enable them to provide quality integrated and comprehensive FP/RCH, TB and HIV services. She/he will be a focal person representing EGPAF within the district, with the primary goal to ensure quality TB, FP/RCH and HIV services delivery by supported health facilities, through coordination, technical support and monitoring of the EGPAF supported program activities and the related activities in the district CCHP. S/he reports to the Senior Project Manager who provides leadership and technical support within the region. This position requires to be stationed at the council health office, with frequent travel within the district to its health facilities.
• Coordination of district implementation plan to provide Integrated FP, TB and HIV/AIDS services
• Work closely with CHMT to coordinate program planning, budgeting, implementation and monitoring of activities in line with the CCHP;
• Work closely with DED and other council staff to ensure adequate and timely funding availability for implementation of program activities by CHMTs
• In case of FBOs with direct sub-agreements within the district, work closely with the management of FBOs to plan, budget and implement program activities and coordinate alignment of FBOs activities with district CCHP;
• Work closely with DTLC, DACC and DRCHCO and other key district players to ensure health facilities receive adequate and timely support;
• Translate national FP/RCH, TB and HIV program priorities to enable districts plan and budget according to their needs;
• Work with the district in enhancing collaboration amongst HIV/AIDS implementing partners;
• Collaborate with his/her direct CHMT to identify support needs in any programmatic areas.
• Provide technical assistance to districts to build capacity of district and health facility staff to offer quality integrated TB, FP/ RCH and HIV/AIDS services
• In collaboration with district supervisors, assess skills development and training needs of healthcare workers and coordinate for their relevant training
• Conduct supportive supervision and mentorship in collaboration with district teams
• Apply Quality Improvement (QI) principles throughout the district support and provide technical assistance on establishment and sustaining district and facility based QI teams
• Provide TA to district mentors to plan and implement mentorship and QI activities as per national guidelines,
• Facilitate availability of updated guidelines, including SOPs, M&E and other national tools for quality service provision;
• Support districts in providing technical assistance to health facilities on HIV commodity management; ordering, usage and reporting to avoid stock outs.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• At least 5 years’ experience with MNCHand HIV/AIDS programs is essential
• Knowledge in Project Management and Quality Improvement
• Good communication skills both written and verbal
• Computer literacy, with comfortable working experience with the basic Microsoft packages ( Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Ms Outlook) Should be fluent in both Kiswahili and English
• Graduate degree in health or social sciences
• Master’s in Public Health would be advantageous
Job application procedure
EGPAF is an equal opportunities employer and the position is open to all. Qualified candidates should submit a CV, cover letter and relevant certificates explaining how the experience detailed in the CV will contribute to the requirements of the position and references to EGPAF.
Submissions to be sent to:
P.O. BOX 1628, 395 Ursino Park, Mwai Kibaki Road,
Morocco.Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Or e-mail: [email protected]
Deadline: 31st January, 2020. Only shortlisted will be contacted.