(Entry Level) – 13 Posts
The Bank of Tanzania, an equal opportunity employer and Tanzania’s Central Bank, is looking for suitably qualified young Tanzanian citizens of high personal integrity to fill the following vacant positions at the Head Office, Dodoma, Sub Head Offices in Dar es Salaam and Zanzibar and its Branches in Arusha, Mbeya, Mtwara, Mwanza and Training Institute, Mwanza.
Position: Bank Officer (entry level) – 13 Posts
Reports to: Head of Division
Contract type: Permanent and Pensionable
To undertake banking and currency management responsibilities in accordance with laid down procedures.
Key Performance Areas:
- Handle requests for payments, remittances and transfers from customer and governments;
- Examine and pay cheques in accordance to the set limits;
- Sort and microfilm processed payment instruments including cheques, original credit slips and advice;
- Perform retail banking activities including telling duties;
- Prepare daily government and commercial banks position reports for decision making purposes;
- Prepare and generate the Bank’s electronic files to and from clearing house;
- Reconcile government, commercial banks and other in-house bank accounts;
- Open and close banks and staff accounts;
- Attend customer inquiries and queries pertaining to banking operations and initiate responses as appropriate;
- Originate payments as and when instructions are received from appropriate authorities;
- Handle currency operations tasks such as ledgers, correspondence, documentation, reports and analysis;
- Initiate acquisition and printing of banknotes and coins;
- Facilitate distribution of currency to branches and safe custody centers;
- Handle destruction of punched soiled notes and defaced coins;
- Perform custodianship duties in the vaults;
- Prepare currency stock reports and reconciliation statements of cash accounts on monthly basis;
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned.
Education/Professional Qualifications required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Banking, Business Administration or Finance from accredited institutions with at least upper second class.
- Fresh graduate or with experience of not more than three (3) years.
- Applicants must attach an up-to-date current Curriculum Vitae (CV) with reliable contact address, email and telephone numbers.
- Applicants should apply on the strengths of the information given in this advertisement.
Applicants must attach the following:
- Certified copies of Degree or Advanced Diploma
- Certified copies of Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates. iii. Certified Professional Certifications from respective professional bodies
- Certified birth certificates.
- One recent passport size photograph.
- Form IV and form VI results slips are strictly not accepted.
- Applicants should indicate two reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for ordinary and advanced level education should be verified by the National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA).
- Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
- Applicants are required to apply for one position only. Applicants who will apply for more than one position will be disqualified.
- Applicants must indicate the position applied for on top of the envelope with the application letter.
- Applicants are required to disclose relevant information in their applications. Giving false or incomplete information will lead to disqualification at any time during the recruitment process or after appointment.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants must submit a duly signed application letter, Curriculum Vitae (CV) and certified certificates to the following address:
Administration and Internal Controls,
Bank of Tanzania,
2 Mirambo Street,
11884 DAR ES SALAAM.
The deadline for submitting the application is 18 June 2021. at 16.00 pm.