Principal Accountant – Expenditure
The Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA) is an independent, world class regulatory authority responsible for licensing, tariff regulation and quality of service regulation of the electricity, water, petroleum and Natural gas sectors. EWURA has the following vacancies for which suitably qualified Tanzanians are invited to apply.
CORPORATE AFFAIRS DIVISION
Post Title : Principal Accountant – Expenditure
Duty Station : EWURA Head Office – Dodoma
Reports to : Finance Manager
Principal Accountant – Expenditure will be responsible for ensuring timely and effective provision of financial services to the Authority.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To coordinate provision of support in ensuring timely and effective provision of financial services to the Authority.
- To coordinate monitoring of financial expenditure as per approved budget, procedures and policies.
- To coordinate provision of support in overseeing establishment and application of systems and procedures for finance.
- To participate in overseeing application of systems and procedures for finance.
- To collaborate in ensuring that all approved and normal operations pertaining to finance are carried out on time and according to approved budget.
- To collaborate in overseeing prudent management of the Authority’s resources, including keeping records on their utilization.
- To oversee the supplies of goods across the Authority.
- To coordinate preparation of time-based reports on financial performance.
- To coordinate preparation of operating and capital expenditure budgets.
- To collaborate in preparing annual financial statements and provide required support to external auditors.
- To collaborate in controlling, applying and monitoring routine finance functions.
- To maintain the assets register of the Authority.
- To collaborate in monitoring and controlling all payable accounts.
- To effectively supervise and guide members of staff reporting on the job.
- To undertake any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
- The ideal candidate for this position should have the following qualifications and experience.
- University Degree/Advanced diploma majoring in accounting or finance from a recognized higher learning institution.
- Master’s Degree majoring in accounting or finance or business administration.
- Certified Public Accountant, CPA(T)orACCAisa must.
- Must be registered with the National Board of Accountants and Auditors (NBAA) in the category of‘Associate’or‘Fellow’.
- Knowledge and Competence in Information and Communications Technology (ICT) application, and familiarity with one of the accounting software.
- A strong knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS).
- Possession of Not less than six (6) years working experience in relevant fields.
In addition to the above skills and qualifications, applicants for the above positions are required to have the following attributes:
- A very high level of integrity, honesty and sense of responsibility;
- Ability to work under pressure and produce expected results;
- Ability to work in a dynamic team;
- Ability to self-manage, achieve results and meet deadlines; and
- Willingness to work beyond the call of duty.
Tenure and Remuneration
A competitive salary will be offered to the right candidates for the posts.
EWURA is an equal opportunity employer.
Staff will be employed on permanent and pensionable terms.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Application letter with Curriculum Vitae (CV) including e-mail address or day time contact telephone number, together with photocopies of certificates, one passport size photo and names and contacts of three referees should be addressed to reach the under-mentioned by 28th April, 2021.
Only short listed candidate meeting the above criteria will be invited for interview. Lobbying and canvassing for employment will not be entertained and may work to the candidate’s disadvantage.
Application letter should be addressed to:
The Director General,
Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA),
EWURA House, Plot No 3, Block AD, Medeli West,
P O Box 2857,
The deadline for submitting the application is 28 April 2021