Search For Jobs offers in Tanzania
JOB TITLE: SHERQ MANAGER
To ensure that NETIS’s Quality, Safety, Health, Social, Security, Cultural,
Environmental and Risk Management systems are defined, implemented,
maintained and adhered to according to best practice standards at all levels of the
organisation within Tanzania.
KEY PEFORMANCE AREAS
1. Maintaining SHERQ manuals and policies in line with the requirements of ISO
9001:2015, OHSAS18001:2007 and ISO14001:2015 reflecting business
operations of NETIS Tanzania.
2. Assist with the review all business processes procedures and form / templates
to ensure continued compliance and business improvement.
3. Maintaining a document management system to ensure access to the latest
company governance documentation through revision control and standard
4. Compiling Detailed SHERQ report on monthly basis and submit to Group.
5. Writing Weekly reports to be submitted to group on all matters pertaining to
Quality, Security and HSE.
6. Creation of Flash report to be sent to Group SHERQ regarding any serious
incident or accident within 12 hours.
7. Ensuring all serious incident or accident reports will be vetted by Group
SHERQ before been submitted to Customer.
8. Share with Group SHERQ all corrective actions and mitigations.
9. To carry out investigations and report on accidents/incidences and dangerous
occurrences as necessary.
10. Liaising with Customer regarding requirements for the continued maintenance
of the company’s Policies.
11. Performing internal audits to ensure continued compliance to the
requirements of the standards.
12. To ensure that all contractors/sub-contractors of NETIS have in place
appropriate Health & Safety Plans and to maintain a register of these Plans.
13. To advise on the suitability of safety appliances, protective clothing and the
safe use of plant and equipment including liaising with suppliers and other
14. To work with all Managers to ensure that all properties of NETIS are safe and
fit for purpose.
15. To participate in tender evaluation and contractor selection processes in
relation to Health & Safety as required, providing ongoing advice on the
competency of contractors/sub-contractors to undertake works. To collate and
analyse accident statistics and recommend intervention strategies to
16. Eliminate / reduce the risk of future occurrences and incidents of ill health and
lost working days.
17. To respond to safety concerns from employees, safety representatives, and
members of the public, relating to the activities of NETIS or its
18. To develop and maintain effective working relationships with NETIS
Directors, managers, employees, contractors/sub-contractors, partners,
occupational health and other stakeholders.
19. To collate and analyse all risk statistics and recommend intervention
20. To maintain an effective Quality Management System complying with
International Standard ISO 9001:2015.
21. Conduct Internal Audit. provide report and chase for closure of identified
22. Ensuring full SHERQ compliance of the company.
23. Conduct EHS training to contractors and NETIS staff.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Interested candidates should send their CV (pdf) to [email protected]
not later than Monday 27 th September 2019 at 16.00 pm. The Subject line should
address the Title of the position failure of which the application will be rendered