Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS) is an Executive Agency under the Ministry of Works Transport and Communication, established under section 3 (1) of the Executive Agencies Act (Cap 245) and came into operation in July, 2000. The Agency is responsible for the Maintenance and development of the trunk and Regional road network in Tanzania.
The Regional Manager’s Office – TANROADS Simiyu on behalf of the Chief Executive, TANROADS, intends to recruit qualified and competent Tanzanian to fill the vacant post on specific duty short – term contract within the Region.
WEIGHBRIDGE OPERATOR (1 POST)
Key qualifications for Weighbridge Operator;
Age Limit; Not above 35 years of age.
Education qualification: Holder of Full Technician Certificate or Ordinary Diploma in Civil; Mechanical or Electricity Engineering (FTC).
Must be Computer Literate;( at least advanced Certificate in computer applications)
Must be fluent in Kiswahili and English languages.
Must be a Tanzanian Citizen.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enforcement of Road Traffic Axle Load Control by the use of Weighbridge scale devices.
- Carrying out activities as described in the East African Community Vehicle Load Control Act 2016 and its regulation 2017. The activities include the following;
- Weigh Motor Vehicles of Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) > 3,500Kg plying on our Public Roads.
- If the vehicle is found overloaded the operator should impose road damage fee on the spot.
- Measure physical dimensions of motor vehicle of any load being carried on the motor vehicle and incase of non – compliance with vehicle dimension limits, the transporter should be caused to present for a special permit.
- For trucks carrying abnormal load with special permit, the weighbridge operator shall ascertain compliance to the permit.
- Any discrepancy should be reported to the weighbridge in charge for appropriate actions.
- Record all necessary particulars regarding the motor vehicle being weighed.
- Observe good customer care dignity and integrity.
- Report all matter to the Shift in – Charge.
- Performs any other related duties as may be assigned by Shift in Charge/Regional Manager.
- Terms and Conditions of ServiceAppointment will be on contract Term of two-years renewable subject to satisfactory performance.
- Any Tanzanian who meets the conditions and requirements of this advertisement is invited to apply.
- Overqualified applicants will not be considered and only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Applicants who are employed should route their application through their Employers.
- Any person with criminal offences needs not to apply.
- All applicants should have at least three of referees and their contact address and reliable telephone numbers for contact.
- All academic certificates MUST be certified.
- Submission of birth certificates is must; Affidavits will not be considered.
Mode of Application:
All interested applicants are invited to apply and submit their handwritten application letters to the undermentioned address not later than 19th May, 2021 with their complete CV’s and certified copies of all academic certificates.
APPLICATION LETTERS SHOULD BE POSTED TO THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS. HAND DELIVERY IS NOT ACCEPTABLE:
P.O. Box 389,