Want to work for one of the largest charities of its kind in Africa? Are you passionate about caring for the built environment and all systems & fixtures related to buildings? Do you love well-manicured surroundings and do you find contentment when you see others happy and enjoying the same? Does it sound like we’re talking about you… Keep reading
The School of St Jude is a pioneering leader in charitable education within Africa. We are giving 1,800 students free, quality education and 100’s of graduate’s access to higher education each year. This year, we provided more than 30,000 government school students with quality teachers. St Jude’s is funded by generous supporters from around the world who make our mission of giving bright, poor Tanzanian students a free, quality education possible.
Who are you
- Motivated to ensure the built environment is safe and performs the services it was meant for
- You are extremely detail oriented and you do not settle if things are not in place.
- You are passionate about seeing that perfect paint finish and seeing all services run orderly
- You go to sleep at night dreaming about the continued improvements you can do in your role
What you’ll do
- Attend to and resolve emergency repairs and maintenance issues promptly by closely supervising & ensuring the effectiveness of the Maintenance Helpdesks.
- Manage compliances related to Maintenance operations such as timely renewal/payments of water permits, electricity bills, signposts levies, annual fire extinguisher services, annual radio licenses, etc. so that the TSOSJ’s operations run smoothly.
- You will directly report to the Facilities Manager and will be working in close relationships with the Academic and Head office teams and all other St Jude’s departments.
- Your good performance will be self-evident with the timely of sorting maintenance tickets, the number of procedures drawn and improved from month to month related to your position.
- You will develop, implement and continuously improve preventive maintenance schedules for buildings, equipment and landscapes
- You will develop, implement and continuously improve the maintenance team’s standard operating procedures.
What we’re looking for
- A Bachelor degree in Facilities/Property Management or equivalent
- Relevant experience of at least 3 year working in a large facility or working in a large maintenance department.
- Strong communication skills (English and Swahili)
- Strong inter-personal skills to work in collaboration with other departments
- Strong leadership skills as you will manage teams of fundi’s
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- The opportunity to use your talents and expertise to fight poverty through education and make a positive impact in Tanzania
- A flexible and supportive community of international and local employees
- Ample opportunities for career progression and development
- Mid-morning tea and lunch (during working days)
Are you interested?
Send your cover letter and an up to date Curriculum Vitae to [email protected] (subject line must include the reference number: TSOSJ/HR/ADM/FAC/01/21.
Applications close on 16th April 2021, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted!