Search For Jobs offers in Tanzania
Job title National Peer Educator ( 20 posts )
Location Dodoma , Singida, Tabora, Lindi and Ruvuma
Preferred start date 1st December 2020
Length of contract Full-time position with a one-year contract.
Visa requirements Must have the right to work in Tanzania
Reports to Youth Officer
Direct reports None
Expected travel Regular travel to field placements in the councils
1. Main responsibilities
● Project Planning, Implementation and Reporting
● People and performance management
● Budgeting and financial accountability
● Partnership, visibility and grant management
2. Project planning, implementation and reporting (40%)
● Support to find and form collaborations and create synergies with potential private sectors engaging in career fairs.
● Prepare monthly activity reports and case studies in line with organizational M&E system, and suitable for donor and other
● Participate in regular meetings on weekly and monthly basis with the youth officers to discuss the challenges, progress and
solutions for ongoing interventions.
● Train students from secondary schools and vocational training institutions on career development skills via weekly
sessions (at least 2 sessions a week).
● Act professional and ensure effective collaborations with teachers to meaningfully achieve the intended project outcomes.
● Take part in holding community events alongside local leaders, school heads and teachers and partners to find practical
solutions which would increase the number of girls going to school and increase retention rates.
● Take part in providing mobile career information during holidays and at weekends to communicate enterprise
opportunities and offering practical actions.
● Work with teachers to identify vulnerable groups who are likely to drop out of school and facilitate dialogue to enable
them to continue with studies.
FOR Closing date Please consider 15th November, 2020 and not 30th October, 2020 as indicated in attached file