Clinical Epidemiologist Job At Aga Khan University | May 2020
Ajira Mpya Tanzania, Nafasi Za Kazi Aga Khan, Ajira Leo Tanzania, Clinical Epidemiologist Jobs
Job Position: Clinical Epidemiologist, PGME
Chartered in 1983, Aga Khan University (AKU) is a private, autonomous and self-governing international university, with 13 teaching sites in 6 countries over three continents (www.aku.edu
). An integral part of the Aga Khan Development Network (www.akdn.org
), AKU provides higher education in several disciplines, carries out research pertinent to the countries and operates 7 hospitals (soon 8) and over 325 outreach clinics, all at international standards. It has almost 2,500 students and 14,000 staff. The University is both a model of academic excellence and an agent of social change. Clinical Epidemiologist Job
As an international institution, AKU operates on the core principles of quality, relevance, impact and access.
As a faculty member in the medical college, the candidate will have research and educational responsibilities to lead undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate level across disciplines of health sciences. The candidate will participate in supervising trainees across clinical disciplines and within the discipline of epidemiology and biostatistics. The candidate is expected to develop and sustain an original research portfolio in clinical or population health sciences.
- Support faculty and MMed residents in developing appropriate research questions with appropriate research design;
- Support and engage in research protocol development in line with regulatory authorities and ethical committee requirements Teach in the masters programme and in outreach activities;
- Engage as (Principal-) investigator in research studies;
- Support statistical analyses and interpretation of analyses;
- Teach research methodology up to advanced level and related topics including basic statistics and research ethics;
- Research results communication through written and oral outputs including peer-reviewed publications;
- Explore and implement strategies to expand research portfolio of the Faculty of Health Sciences.
Requirements Clinical Epidemiologist Job
- MSc in (Clinical) Epidemiology and a PhD in Health Sciences;
- At least 3 years of experience in clinical health research design and implementation;
- At least 3 years’ experience in teaching at undergraduate level and/or higher in epidemiology and basic statistics;
- Demonstrated advanced experience in using STATA, SAS and/or R;
- Demonstrated excellent analytical skills;
- Demonstrated experience in supervising Master and/or PhD students as a Primary Supervisor;
- Demonstrated excellent grant writing and scientific writing skills;
- Strong publications track record in international peer-reviewed journals;
- Attentive to detail and quality;
- Ability to work independently and within stipulated deadlines and schedules;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- A team player and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment;
- Highly motivated.
How To Apply Clinical Epidemiologist
Candidates meeting the above requirements, and seeking professional growth and an excellent work environment should forward their letter of application, curriculum vitae, testimonials and addresses (postal and email) of three referees to The Human Resources Office, AKU, P.O. Box 125, Dar es Salaam; Fax (+255) (0)22 2150875 or email [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. More information about these positions is available via the following website http://www.aku.edu
Applications should be submitted latest by May 31st, 2020