New Government Job At Morogoro Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (MORUWASA) | April 2020
Ajira Tanzania 2020 | Nafasi Za Kazi
Morogoro Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (MORUWASA) is an expanding autonomous Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority, which is responsible for supplying clean, safe water as well as provision of wastewater disposal services in Morogoro Municipality, Kilosa and Mikumi Towns.
The general policies and guidelines to run the Authority are provided by the Ministry of Water, EWURA and the Board of Directors.
The Board through a competitive recruitment process is looking for a competent, dynamic,
energetic, committed, experienced and well qualified Tanzanian who is capable of embracing and driving changes in Morogoro Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (MORUWASA) to fill in the position of the Managing Director.
1.0 THE PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The position holder is required to run the Authority at the highest professional standard and practices so as to attain the envisaged vision “To be the preferred provider of quality and sustainable water and sanitation services in Morogoro Region”.
2.0 MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Managing Director is the Chief Executive Officer responsible at Morogoro Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (MORUWASA) are planning, managing, and coordination of Authority’s activities so as to:-
- Ensuring effective overall management and supervision of Authority’s activities.
- Ensure the formulation of policy proposals in relations to physical infrastructure, financial, human resources and general administration for consideration by Board of Directors.
- Interpret all policies laid down by the Government of Tanzania and the Board of Directors and to ensure compliance of respective rules and regulations thereof.
- Prepare annual plans and budgets for the Authority and make submission to the Board of Directors for consideration and approval.
- Regularly review actual performance against plans and budgets and submit a comprehensive report to the Board of Directors.
- Supervise the immediate subordinates and delegate the required authority for them
to discharge their duties.
- Make recommendation to the Board of Directors regarding all staff matters,
including disciplinary issues, manning levels required by the Authority and ensuring
that effective procedures are established for recruitment, training, and development
of staff .
- Ensure that the Authority’s operations are in accordance with the law.
- Link the Authority with the Ministry responsible for water and sanitation affairs.
- Link the Authority with the Regional /Municipal/District Authorities.
- Link the Authority with RUWASA.
- Ensure that the Authority’s operations meet the environmental standards set by relevant Authorities. Morogoro Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (MORUWASA)
- Ensure that the Authority prepares and carries out effective programmes for public relations, water sources conservation, protection of water sources and pricing policies.
- Ensure that tariff reviews are done regularly in accordance with EWURA’s guidelines.
- Act as the final authority for management decisions within the Authority, safeguards the Authority’s financial position and ensure that it discharges its financial obligations in accordance with the national financial act and the Authority manual.
- Ensure all Authority’s transactions are authorized and controlled in accordance with the agreed procedures and that proper system for internal controls are in place and maintained.
- Prepare and submit to the Board of Directors the Annual Financial Statements.
- Carry out the functions of the Authority with due diligence and integrity.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Board of Directors and the Government.
3.0 KEY JOB REQUIREMENT
- Holder of a Degree or its equivalent from a recognized Insititution, Masters Degree or
leadership certification courses is added advantage.
3.2 Working experience
- The candidate should posses at least five (5) years experience in managerial position or in Water Sector.Proven outstanding performance in the Water Sector is an added advantage.
4.0 TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
(a)Term of contract should not exceed four (4) years, but shall be eligble for re-appointment.
(b) The remuneration and other benefits is as per Morogoro Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (MORUWASA) Scheme of Service and
- All applicants must be Tanzanian.
- All employed Applicants should channel their applications through their employers.
- Applicants must attach an updated CV, copies of all relevant certified academic
Certificates, Birth Certificate, and recent colored passport sized photo.
- Morogoro Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (MORUWASA) is an equitable Institution, women are highly encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an Interview.
- Application should be addressed to the undersigned so as to reach him/her not later
than 01st May, 2020. The application may be through email: [email protected] or
Express mail service (EMS) to the Postal Address below:-
Board of Directors,
Morogoro Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (MORUWASA),
P.O.BOX 5476, MOROGORO.