New Job Opportunities Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA) | May 2020
Nafasi Za Kazi EWURA, Ajira Mpya EWURA, Ajira Mpya Leo Tanzania, Jobs Tanzania
The Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA) is an independent, world class regulatory authority responsible for licensing, tariff setting and quality of sendee regulation of the electricity, water, petroleum and natural gas sectors. EWURA has the following vacancies for which suitably qualified Tanzanian are invited to apply.
Read Also:- Apply Here Ajira Mpya Tanzania | New Jobs In Tanzania 2020
CORPORATE AFFAIRS DIVISION
- Post Title: Office Attendant – 1 Post
- Duty Station: EWURA Eastern Zone Office
- Reports to: Stores cum Assistant Administrative Officer
Office Attendant will be responsible for assisting the day to day administrative and clerical work of the Authority.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To move/run mails, other correspondences goods and supplies within the Authority.
- To move/run mails and other correspondences outside the Authority.
- To provide general administrative assistance.
- To provide cleaning to the Authority’s offices.
- To undertake any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Academic Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate for this position should have the following qualifications and experience.
- Form IV certificate with pass grade in English.
- Possession of a certificate in office management will be an added advantage.
- No prior work experience is required but Possession of work experience in related field will be an added advantage.
Read Also:- New Government Job Vacancies NJOMBE Region At Wanging’ombe District | May 2020
In addition to the above skills and qualifications, applicants for the above positions are required to have the following attributes:
- A very high level of integrity, honesty and sense of responsibility;
- Ability to work under pressure and produce expected results;
- Ability to work in a dynamic team;
- Ability to self-manage, achieve results and meet deadlines; and
- Willingness to work beyond the call of duty.
THE ELECTRICITY DIVISION
- Post Title: Senior Electricity Inspector – 1 post
- Duty Station: EWURA Lake Zone Office
- Reports to: Zonal Manager
Senior Electricity Inspector will be responsible for a day to day Electricity Inspection activities to ensure the complience to the applicable standards and good industry practice.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To participate in coordination of the process of overseeing effective and efficient application of provisions of the Electricity Act in order to ensure environmental and safety aspects of electricity sector are in conformity with provision of the Act and good industry practices.
- To inspect electrical installations in buildings and any other electricity supply infrastructure to ensure compliance with applicable industry standards.
- To review performance and ethics of Electrical Installation Licensees to identify malpractices in electrical installation activities.
- To inspect various premises under construction and submit inspection report for further recommendations to responsible authorities for
- To participate in dispute resolutions of various customers’ complaints.
- To inspect premises damaged by electrical accidents.
- To respond to any reported electrical emergency event.
- To conduct pre and post installation inspections of standby and own uses generators.
- To participate in pre licensing inspection of electrical facilities undertaken by the Directorate.
- To assist in coordinating and preparation of the Annual Directorate report and Annual Sector report.
- To undertake any other duties as assigned by superiors.
Read Also:- University Of Free State (UFS) Online Application Status 2020/2021
Minimum Academic Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate for this position should have the following qualifications and experience;
- University Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Possession of Master degree qualifications in the relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Registration with Engineers Registration Board as a professional engineer (ERB) is a must.
- Knowledge and Competence in Information and Communications Technology (ICT) application
- Possession of at least five (4) years working experience in relevant field.
Tenure and Remuneration
- A competitive salary will be offered to the right candidates for the posts.
- EWURA is an equal opportunity employer.
- Staff will be employed on permanent and pensionable terms.
Mode of Application
Application letter with Curriculum Vitae (CV) including e-mail address or day time contact telephone number, together with photocopies of certificates and transcripts (certificates from Foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU), Birth certificate, one passport size photo and names and contacts of three referees should be addressed to reach the under-mentioned by 22nd May 2020
Only short-listed candidates meeting the above criteria will be invited for interview. Lobbying and canvassing for employment will not be entertained and may work to the candidate’s disadvantage. Application letter should be addressed to:
The Director General,
Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA)
4th Floor, LAPF House Makole Road,
P.0 Box 2857