MGIT is looking for a qualified and dynamic e-Health Specialist to provide informatics and electronic health systems expertise to the health management information system components under the REACH project.
Location: Dar es Salaam
Reporting: eHealth Systems Development Manager
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Support all reporting and data transformation into use from project, RHMTs and Implementing Partners.
- Support the interpretation of data and information being generated and be used to enhance decision making at all levels.
- Support operational research activities at the project level with the support from the Strategic Information Director
- Provide inputs and technical support in design and deployment of project e-health tools
- Provide mentor-ship to National HIS and Implementing Partners in all eHealth activities
- Apply technical skills, standards and innovation to carry out project activities
- Solve complex technical problems that arise throughout the project using creative and results- oriented outside the box thinking.Any other duty as you may be assigned by the team lead Qualified candidates should have experience working with more than 75% of the following areas with mandatory in Item i through iv.
Experience Working in
i. Managing user requirements and provide needs assessments related to Project Information Systems or Information Technology (IS or IT);
iii. Ability to work in database management system like MS Access, MS SQL Server, MySQL and SQLite
iv. Data warehouse, manipulation and Analysis for decision making;
v. Data Quality Assurance and Quality Improvements and standards;
vi. Experience in Health Management Information Systems PEPFAR Monitoring Indicators
vii. Development of user manuals and training for users on system use;
viii. Ability to work with GIS Software, Advanced MS- Excel VB.Net or any analytical software
- 3+ years of applicable work experience in Software design and coding familiar with health management information systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or Software Engineering or Information Technology
- Experience in real time applications and at least one of the following areas:
- Familiar with data import / export to / from various software or database formats.
- Knowledge and experience of data informed decision making
- Ability to communicate technical data to non-technical audiences
- Excellent time management, coordination, interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Excellent and experienced in data manipulations and visualizations
- If you are interested and meet the minimum requirements, please submit your cover letter and