New Job Vacancy World Wide Fund for Nature
Position: MANGROVE PROJECT EXECUTANT
Location: Dar es salaam
The WWF (World Wide Fund for Nature) Tanzania, an international conservation organization, is seeking for a competent and experienced Mangrove Conservation Project Executant, to be based in Dar es Salaam.
- The Mangrove Project Executant will lead the Tanzania component of the ‘Save our Mangroves Now! 2.0’ (SOMN phase 2) initiative, which is a joint effort of World Wide Fund for Nature, IUCN and BMZ for mangrove conservation globally and in the Western Indian Ocean region.
- S/he will be the key partnership facilitator for World Wide Fund for Nature Tanzania, who will work closely with other regional project implementing partners – World Wide Fund for Nature Madagascar, IUCN ESARO and Wetlands International (Global and East Africa office).
- The candidate should be able to build on the achievements, findings and lessons learnt from the first phase of SOMN initiative and continue to use the individual strengths of the existing implementing partners, technical and regional experience.
- S/he will be obliged to enhance national advocacy efforts for mangrove conservation and to contribute to increase regional network building through close collaboration with the WIO Mangrove Network and the creation of aWIO Mangrove Partnership Group.
Read Also:- Ajira Leo Tanzania Apply Here All Jobs 2020
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote responsible mangrove conservation, restoration and sustainable utilization for the benefit of present and future generation;
- Participate in building content, coherence and political will to develop strong WIO mangrove regional frameworks to advance progress for mangrove conservation efforts nationally, regionally and globally;
- Provide linkages among regional mangrove conservation achievements and relevant international agreements and processes (mainly 2030 Sustainable Development Goals, UNFCCC and CBD and UN Decade of Ecosystem Restoration)
- Work in close collaboration with Project and Focal persons from Tanzania Forest Service (TFS),Vice President’s Office (VPO), National Environmental Management Council (NEMC), Districts within and outside the seascape and the WIO Mangrove Network Secretariat to ensure appropriate linkages and coordination at both national and regional level;
Read Also:- New 356 Job Opportunities Karagwe District Cooperative Union (KDCU LTD)
Required Qualifications and skills:
- University degree, preferably at Master’s level in forestry, and natural resource conservation and management; minimum of 3 years working experience in government, intergovernmental organizations, local and/or international conservation NGOs.
- Experience in coastal conservation initiatives (programmes or projects),particularly on mangroves in the local Tanzanian context, as well as policy advocacy experience are advantageous;
- Energetic and strategic individual to ensure match-making partnerships and advocacy at national level are facilitated to generate national commitments and catalyse implementation arrangements;
Read Also:- 16 Job Vacancies At KIBAHA SPECIALIZED POLYCLINIC
Detailed Terms of Reference can be obtained via http://wwf.panda.org/who we are/jobs/
. Applications must include a complete Cover Letter & CV with full contact details of three referees and should be addressed to the People & Culture Manager, via email [email protected]
to: by Friday, 29th May 2020
at 4:30 pm
. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted and the interviews will take place in Dar es Salaam. WWF is an equal opportunity organization.