Portfolio and Analytics Manager
Standard Chartered Bank
Dar es Salaam, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Measure portfolio profitability and enhance sub products that attribute to Retail individual portfolio
- Driving portfolio funding to the accounts opened through digital and other channels
- Actively manage the retail balance sheet from individual portfolio (CASA, TD, Mortgage, OD and PIL) to ensure optimization of returns
- Work closely with marketing on driving activities that attribute to the growth of NFI and NII for the portfolio
- Activate digital banking accounts through fees optimization and create value to client
- Engage clients through cross selling of products and ensure clients are engaged for new to products
- Collaborate effectively with the Segment teams, Digital team and global banking (GB) / Transaction Banking (TB) to leverage the eco-system and help deliver budgeted Balance Sheet and Non-Funded Income (NFI) targets
- Study the portfolio behaviour and propose activities that contribute to activation and growth of existing and NTB portfolio
- Provide strategical data support to Head of products, Portfolio and Partnership, GM Segments and GM digital and customer experience
- Coordinate sales activities on personal loan processing, Scanning and sales performance
- Work closely with GBS on tracking sales application (PIL, Mortgage, OD and Banca product)
- Work closely with GM segment and Senior sales Manager on tracking performance of sales team on daily basis
- Ensure TAT is adhered for loan processing and report to Head of Products,
Marketing Support for the Events/Campaign/Alliance & Merchant Programs:
- Work with Marketing in ensuring display of updated collaterals
- Work with stakeholders in creation of customised collaterals
Work with Product, Segment and frontline teams to create correct messaging, look and feel for Campaign on digital activation, funding and increase transactions
Adhere to and Institute controls
- Report to the Unit Manager any adverse anomalies which impact the business as soon as this is known to you.
- Record and report suspicious transactions or Frauds that are encountered at the Unit.
- Ensure Anti-money laundering and CDD guidelines are followed within the Unit.
- Ensure awareness and adherence to all policies, guidelines, procedures and local regulatory requirements.
- Ensure adherence to the risk management framework.
- Read, understand and comply with all provisions of the Group Code of Conduct.
- Attend all required training
- Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Support team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Product & Segment
Support the Unit Manager and Head, RB Operations in implementing SCB policies regarding AML/ CDD policies and adopting any imminent changes
Our Ideal Candidate
- University degree or professional qualification, preferably in Banking and Finance
- Strong analytical skills and data/record management skills
- Ability to work with different data extraction system and provide analytical support
- Proven track record of accomplishment in the management of banking operations
- In depth knowledge and understanding of banking products and services, and ability to structure and deliver customized solutions which meet customer needs.
- Ability to engage stakeholders in constructive dialogue, in order to improve own understanding and influence others decision-making.
- Strong people management & communication skills, especially ability to engage and motivate large teams
- Ability to analyse significant amounts of data and distil clear insights
- Relevant applications & technology infrastructure knowledge
- Understanding of the regulatory environment and practices
- Project Management and Change Management skills
- Committed to driving own team’s progress and delivering agreed outcomes.
- Nurtures teamwork and collaboration.
- Has the ability to blend the demands of managing day-to-day operational activities with the necessity of maintaining a strategic view.
- Be able to demonstrate an ability to manage complex activities within the Bank’s matrix organization structure.
- Experience in budget development and budget management.
- Foresight with regards to workflow, staff capability and moral.Thought leadership in Retail Banking with appreciation industry products and developments
- Strategy articulation and execution
- Professional depth in Retail Products covering product development, acquisition, portfolio and risk management, marketing and campaign management
- Deep understanding of in-market client product behaviours and life stages
- Strong strategic acumen and execution capability
- Relationship building and influencing – ability to build strong relationships across internal and external stakeholders / partners
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY