PROCUREMENT OFFICER JOB VACANCY
Relief to development Society (REDESO) is a National Non-Governmental Organization (NNGO) whose vision is “A community where refugees and other vulnerable people have access to equal opportunities”. It has head office in Dar es Salaam and field offices in Kibondo, Kishapu and Ngara district. In partnership with UNHCR has the following Job vacancies which demand patriotic, dedicated and qualified nationals to fill the vacancy.
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Reporting to: Senior Programme Manager
- Prepare the organization’s annual procurement plan
- Perform overall procurement activities within the organization.
- Manage overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of procurement for the facility.
- Implement procurement strategies to maintain security of supply and optimum value for money.
- Perform all procurement and contracting activities including pre-qualification, tender management, negotiation and preparation of contracts.
- Develop key relationships with business stakeholders and strategic supply partners to improve business.
- Implement change and develop new processes to better procure goods and services.
- Provide support to SMT matters relating to contract negotiation with suppliers to obtain best price and service.
- Identify cost reduction opportunities to achieve financial goals.
- Review current processes for procurement and make recommendations where appropriate.
- Provide periodic reporting for management on purchasing, controls and processes.
- Provide support to project officers and associates on issues relating to procurement process and control.
- Assist logistics process for the development of new products, inventory maintenance, shipment and delivery, and returns on products.
- Keep detailed records, generate reports, and develop presentations to help management understand the logistics perspective.
- Build relationships within the company and with external parties, such as suppliers or distributors.
- Managing the process of receiving and delivering goods or services
- Ensuring that the best supply chain solutions are implemented
- Bachelor Degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management.
- Professional certification in CIPS will be an added advantage.
- At least 2 years of progressively working experience in implementation of procurement management program.
- Prior experience working with the USAID, UNOPS or other UN agency will be an added advantage.
- Field based experience and demonstrated delivery of procurement management services in conflict and/or post conflict situations is also an added advantage.
- Procurement and Supply chain management experience in Public or developmental organization can be added advantage.
Fluency in spoken and written English is required
How to apply:
Submit your updated CV, copies of certificates, two referees contact address and application detailing your suitability for the post to: [email protected]
The closing date: 8th January, 2020. We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organization.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Application received after the deadline shall not be considered.