Senior Sales Manager
Standard Chartered Bank
Dar es Salaam, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Business Performance, Development and implementation of strategies
- Ensure deliverable on Balance sheet for assets and liability products as per agreed target
- Ensure revenue per segment is met through optimization of balance sheet and product mix
- Work closely with Digital channels for delivering fulfillment of Online solutions for selling products online
- Work closely with Finance, Segment and Product Teams to define overall performance standards and KPIs
- Front end design and development of reward/sales campaign framework and scorecards
- Define sales processes and standards for sales quality metrics
- Work closely with Head of products, portfolio and partnership to prepare campaign that support growth of balance sheet on assets
- Responsible for defining strategy for conversion of leads provided by Segment and Employee Banking
- In line with defined strategies, prescribe performance delivery standards and revenue targets for sales channel
- Support sales for new product initiatives namely Mortgage and Bancassurance
- Identify opportunity for business and work with Head of Branch, Priority and EB to implement new offering and empanelment of new business opportunities
- Work closely with Portfolio, and data Analytics to make sure processing of assets products (PIL and Mortgage) are executed within agreed timeline
- Ensure application are processed with minimum or without errors to avoid return based on agreed KPI
- Actively ensure increase of sales penetration per company as per agreed KPI through optimization of sales and other customer benefits i.e salary account, mortgage, OD, Banca
- Sales Team management and performance tracking
- Ensure sales team meets agreed target and support business to grow
- Actively manage sales numbers on Balance sheet and revenue on daily basis and conduct performance tracking
- Work closely with Branch Managers and other stakeholder on achieving unity/Branch/channel balance sheet and revenue
- Adhere to and Institute controls
- Report to the Unit Manager any adverse anomalies which impact the business as soon as this is known to you.
- Record and report suspicious transactions or Frauds that are encountered at the Unit.
- Ensure Anti-money laundering and CDD guidelines are followed within the Unit.
- Ensure awareness and adherence to all policies, guidelines, procedures and local regulatory requirements.
- Ensure adherence to the risk management framework.
- Read, understand and comply with all provisions of the Group Code of Conduct.
- Attend all required training
- Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Support team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Branch, Priority and EB
Product & Segment
- Support the Unit Manager and Head, RB Operations in implementing SCB policies regarding AML/ CDD policies and adopting any imminent changes
Our Ideal Candidate
- University degree or professional qualification, preferably in Banking and Finance
- Sales experience and strong team management skills
- Proven track record of accomplishment in the management of banking operations
- In depth knowledge and understanding of banking products and services, and ability to structure and deliver customized solutions which meet customer needs.
- Ability to engage stakeholders in constructive dialogue, in order to improve own understanding and influence others decision-making.
- Strong people management & communication skills, especially ability to engage and motivate large teams
- Ability to analyse sales data and distil clear insights
- Relevant applications & technology infrastructure knowledge
- Understanding of the regulatory environment and practices
- Committed to driving own team’s progress and delivering agreed outcomes.
- Nurtures teamwork and collaboration.
- Has the ability to blend the demands of managing day-to-day operational activities with the necessity of maintaining a strategic view.
- Be able to demonstrate an ability to manage complex activities within the Bank’s matrix organization structure.
- Experience in budget development and budget management.
- Foresight with regards to workflow, staff capability and moral.
- Thought leadership in Retail Banking with appreciation industry products and developments
- Strategy articulation and execution
- Professional depth in Retail Products covering product development, acquisition, assets and liability portfolio and risk management, marketing and campaign management
- Deep understanding of in-market client product behaviours and life stages
- Strong strategic acumen and execution capability
- Relationship building and influencing – ability to build strong relationships across internal and external stakeholders / partners
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY