Senior Supply Chain Officer Job at International Rescue Committee Tanzania Dar es Salaam
Location: Kibondo, Tanzania
Job Overview/Summary: Solicit quotes from suppliers in Kibondo, prepare bids and work with procurement Committee in Kibondo on vendor selection. Ensure that all IRC purchases comply with IRC Global procurement policies and procedures adapted from Global Procurement Unit manual & UNHCR procurement procedure.
- Conduct procurement through established, ad-hoc, authorized and MPA suppliers and establish a list of honest and reliable (accredited) suppliers, for IRC within Kibondo district and Kigoma region.
- Solicit for more suppliers for selected supplies that are purchased on regular basis, but which are not contracted and then include them under MPA suppliers.
- With assistance of IT and storekeeper establish a reasonable and appropriate reorder level for ordering and delivery of all items -IT inclusive, except construction, and non vehicle operation-related goods/supplies.
- With assistance of Senor Supply Chain Manager, provide technical advice for Programs on raising PRs, track all PRs and POs. Submit PR tracking report to Senor Supply Chain Manager any time as required.
- Make sure that all procurement data entering in BVA system are accurate and correct and the data entered in the BVA is in high quality.
- In collaboration with Senor Supply Chain Manager, liaise with the Supply Chain Office department in Dar on follow up Outstanding PRs and Pos, conduct regular market surveys, update the price list quarterly and share with programs for procurement preparations.
- Assist Programs on preparing small medium contracts where applicable. Participate in preparing major construction, service, and goods contracts.
- In collaboration with Civil Technician, solicit for bids on all construction works to be implemented by IRC Kibondo.
- Design and implement internal controls within the purchasing/procurement system of the field office Kibondo. Ensure that the commodity tracking system is adhered to by the storekeepers and perform periodic spot-checks and ensure the timely delivery of goods.
- Make sure that the details for ATC is accuracy before submitting for clearance and ensure that store cycle counts activity is done as per procedure. Also ensure Supply Chain maintain reliable authorized and contracted suppliers who passed ATC checks
- In collaboration with Senior Supply Chain Manager, prepare RFPs for solicitation of contracted suppliers for regularly purchased services and goods. Participate in contractors pre-qualification.
- Review all reports prepared by Procurement/Supply Chain Assistant for accuracy and in compliance with acceptable formats before submitting to Programs and Senior Supply Chain Manager.