The social mobilizer is responsible for the implementation, coordination development and reporting of the Girls’ Education program in the respective school (s). She would serve as the first point of contact for the school, parents and scholars. The social mobilizer will report to the Program Officer – Girls Education. This position will be field based in one of the government schools. The position will also involve regular interaction with school administrators, parents, School Management Committee members, teachers and scholars.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Program and Financial Management
- Develop a thorough understanding of Room to Read’s Girls’ Education program design
- Responsible for ongoing implementation of the Girls’ Education program under her jurisdiction, ensuring timely, efficient and well-coordinated implementation, adhering to the program and budget guidelines
- Responsible for managing relationships with school, community and respond to issues that may arise in these relationships.
- Organizing and facilitating events, life skills camps, field trips and other educational based forums.
- Facilitating life skills education sessions, and children club meetings
- Conducting group and individual mentoring sessions
- Conduct periodic meetings with community members, parents, community leaders, head of schools and teachers.
- Ensure effective utilization of program budget through proper planning and tracking of planned activities
Reporting and Documentation
- Timely submission of Monthly Program Report and Quarterly Progress Report in desired format to program officer.
- Support collecting accurate and data to be entered in online software (GSD)
- Maintaining and timely update of all field level records
- Collecting and documenting case studies and success stories to share the impact of GEP intervention at the School level
- Participate in any other activities which may be required to be undertaken to fulfill the objectives of the organization
- Bachelor Degree in education / social sciences or equivalent
- 1-2 years of relevant experience in the education sector
- Experience in facilitating life skills, mentoring and coaching
- Working knowledge and understanding of project management
- Strong planning and project implementation skills
- Ability to work in remote area
- Proven track record of achieving results
- Proven ability to work effectively with schools and communities
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and a team player
- Knowledge on one or more of thematic areas- Life Skills/ gender/learning psychology- is preferred
Tanzania – Kibaha
To be successful at Room to Read, you will also:
- Have passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact a dynamic nonprofit organization
- Be a proactive and innovative thinker who achieves results and creates positive change
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
- Embrace diversity and a commitment to collaboration
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment
Room to Read is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
CLICK HERE TO APPLY