The Software Developer will work under the guidance of the MIS Team Lead and in collaboration with other developers he/she will be for maintaining tier 3 support of eLMIS both in Tanzania Mainland and Zanzibar. S/he will work to support system development and health information exchange across the multiple systems in the health sector including eLMIS, DHIS2, mSupply and Epicor. S/he will work in collaboration with national stakeholders such as the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC), the President’s Office of Regional Administration and Local Government (PO-RALG), Medical Stores Department (MSD), and the Ministry of Health of the Revolutionary Government of Zanzibar.
Read Also:- 17 Tips How To Be Successful In Life
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- • Use eLMIS Web-based bug tracking systems (Jira) to log bugs and enhancements and to update bug resolution status.
- • Liaise with the global OpenLMIS Core team to become familiar with the latest architecture and software development practices of OpenLMIS v3.x.
- • Utilize global standard practices/templates for software development, to brief on progress being made on software development projects, and to collaborate and contribute to software development practices of OpenLMIS v3.x.
- • Participate in the full software development lifecycle (SDLC) by supporting the review of new redesign requirements, finalizing user stories and prioritized backlog in consultation with project managers. Develop and manage release plans.
- • Work closely with users to design and develop specifications for software development work including wireframes, report layouts, business rules and user interfaces.
- • Develop automatic functional and performance test script for eLMIS.
- • Preparing a plan to support long term capacity building to MoHCDGEC and PORALG ICT staff on OpenLMIS code base.
- • Prepare technical documentation and user/training manuals for software applications.
- • Conduct regular reviews and evaluations of all systems and related applications and implement improvements accordingly.
- • Provide regular updates to the supervisor, technical team, and project management team on work progress and any local database development issues that may be of concern.
- • Work as part of the Management Information System (MIS) team and be available for deployment to support the systems and users whenever need arises.
- Support integration of eLMIS with other digital system on health sector like DHIS2, mSupply etc.
- Support GOT on the development of pharmacy and inventory modules on facility level systems (GoTHOMIS and AfyaCare).
- • Participate in in-country system linkages in areas of synergies like GoTHOMIS/AfyaCare using health information exchange.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Read Also:- New 5 Job Vacancies At Tanganyika Instant Coffee PLC