Dar es Salaam, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
We deliver high quality solutions to our customers and we are leaders in the logistics industry. Join us and become a part of our great team.
The purpose of the role is to ensure timely collection and delivery of cargo to and from our Clients/Customers while maintaining quality standard of the service and enhance service attraction of the Clients to our company.
- Ensure timely collection and delivery of cargo to and fro, while ensuring quality service to our esteemed customers and continuously attract and retain customers
- Conducting thorough vehicle pre-checks prior to setting – off for journey or any operation
- Transportation of goods in transit with strict adherence to all road traffic rules, company rules & regulations and all other procedures governing motor vehicle handling
- Report for any vehicle’s damage, and consequently organise the vehicle’s maintenance and necessary repairs, and perform light duties such as cleaning and minor vehicle maintenance activities
- Ensure safety of the truck, fitted with all accessories, tools & First Aid Boxes at all times
- Obtaining proof of delivers (PODs) from Clients on any deliveries done and forward the same to the immediate supervisor or responsible line manager
- For Reefer Container(s), monitoring the genset and report any defects, and ensure that the genset has enough fuel to run for the day
- Assist in administrative duties such as following up of logistics files in order to ensure their accuracy (log books, fuel forms etc.)
Your Skills And Experiences
- Valid Vocational Certificates and driving license with approved class
- You have experience in Automotive industry
- Training in Defensive Driving
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Reliable and punctual, eelf-disciplined and ethically presentable
- Skills in Fire Fighting (effective and efficient use of Fire Extinguishers)
- Certificate of First Aid Course is an added advantage
- Ability to work for long hours and overtime
Good Reasons to Join
We offer an employee friendly environment for you to develop and grow to become a skilled transportation logistics professional in a challenging and fast developing company with a competitive salary and opportunities for further development within the Kuehne + Nagel Group. If, like us, you put customers at heart of everything you do, you can expect to be rewarded with a full package of benefits on top of a salary that grows with you as you grow in our business.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY