JOB VACANCY – WAREHOUSE MANAGER
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF is therefore guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality. These principles must apply to all MSF staff.
Title: WAREHOUSE MANAGER
Direct Reports: DCSC (Deputy Coordinator in charge of Supply Chain)
Location: Dar es Salaam, with possibility to travel.
Defining, coordinating and monitoring all Warehouse and Stock Management activities in the mission according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to ensure an optimal running of the mission.
Minimum Educational Qualification:
- Desirable Bachelor degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Pharmacy or relevant university degree.
- Minimum of 2 years technical experience
- Experience as a Warehouse Manager and/or experience in MSF Logistics department or any other international NGO in humanitarian projects or medical warehouse management is a strong asset.
- Fluency in English and Swahili (Oral and written communication). French will be an asset
- People Management and Development L2
- Commitment to MSF Principles L2
- Behavioural Flexibility L3
- Results and Quality Orientation L3
- Teamwork and Cooperation L3
- Knowledge and working experience with ERP systems and Microsoft Office especially advanced Excel skills
- Basic mathemathics and use of measuring equipment
- Knowledge of warehouse safety standards.
- Reporting and analytical skills.
- Plan collaboration with Deputy Coordinator in charge of Supply Chain defining the Warehouse and Stock Management activities and planning the annual budget in order to identify and optimize the response to the needs of the mission and the targeted population.
- Monitoring the implementation of the Warehouse and Stock Management activities, following up of the medical and logistics stocks, ensuring compliance with MSF standards, protocols and procedures, and reporting to the line manager on the development of the ongoing programmes. This can include the following:
- Ensuring all equipment and premises are adapted to the proper storage of goods in compliance with the customer’s requirements and Good Distribution Practices
- Ensuring that physical and administrative management of the products inside the warehouse are properly managed in conjunction with the owners of the stocks (SOPs, flow management, IS warehousing tool, inventories).
- Ensuring the safety and the security for goods and people inside and outside the premises under his/her responsibility
- Analyzing monthly/quarterly warehouse data, identifying problems, and proposing solutions to line manager, owners of stocks and pharmacist
- In collaboration with the HR Coordinator, participating in the planning and implementation of HR associated processes (recruitment, training, briefing/debriefing, evaluation, detection of potential, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required to correctly perform all supply activities pertaining to his area
- Ensuring technical support for his area of activity and providing coaching to staff under his/her responsibility. Managing his team and elaborating their activities planning (Warehouse supervisor, storekeepers and log-helpers.)
- Prepare monthly stock reports according to guidelines and provide advice to stock owners after analyisis
- Plan, organize and participate in regular inventory count and assure accuracy in alignement with MSF policies
- Ensure cleanness and arrangement of stocks according to MSF standards
- Ensure data accuracy in stock management system
- Ensure storage capacity is sufficient, according to MSF standards.
- Supervise the preparation of cargos and planning of cargo movement in alignment with line manager/pharmacist/Log Department
- Prepare cargo (picking) documents in time (eg. Freight Manifest, Packing List, Delivery Order, etc)
- Ensure Objectives for Storekeepers are agreed and perform Individual appraisal in alignment with line manager
- Review the requirements of Daily Workers, as prepared by the storekeeper and align with DCSC. Ensure Daily worker payment sheet is accurate and submitted to for validation to DCSC and finally to Finance in time.
- Ensure technical equipment (eg. Pallet jack, pallets, shelves, etc.) is available, meets MSF standards and is well maintained. Inform LogTeam and DCSC in case of disorder
- Supervise preparation & reception of big cargos (especially seafreight) before arrival and verify that all reception documents are checked and signed
- Proper and real time archiving of warehouse documents
All interested candidates shall submit their motivation letter, CV and copy of relevant professional certificates not later than 8th Dec 2020 at 4.00 pm. Please quote the job title on the email subject “WAREHOUSE MANAGER” and send to email address [email protected] or the applications can also be submitted at MSF offices situated at Hamza Aziz Street, Kahama Court, Masaki, Dar es Salaam OR in Nduta Refugees Camp, Kibondo District.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.